CUSTOMER SURVEY SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
OFFERED ONLY IN THE UNITED STATES AND CANADA. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. ELIGIBILITY: NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning. Open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia (“U.S.”) and Canada who have reached the age of majority in the participant's jurisdiction of residence at time of entry. Employees, officers and directors of Hallmark Marketing Company LLC (the “Sponsor"), its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and the immediate family members (spouses, siblings, children, parents, grandparents, grandchildren and spouses of the foregoing, regardless of where they live) or members of the same households (whether related or not) of such individuals are not eligible. Subject to all applicable federal, provincial, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. TO ENTER: The Hallmark Customer Survey Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) begins at 12:01 AM Central Time (“CT”) on August 1, 2015 and ends at 11:59 PM CT on December 31, 2016 (the “Sweepstakes Period”), and consists of seventeen (17) entry periods (“Entry Periods”), one for each month the Sweepstakes is open. Entry Periods begin on the first day of the month and end on the last day of the month. There are three ways to enter: online, via phone, or by mail.
- Enter online: Access the survey entry page via the website printed on receipts distributed during the Sweepstakes Period at participating Hallmark stores. You will be asked to respond to several questions regarding your most recent experience at Hallmark, and to provide your telephone number, your age, and the survey code printed on the receipt. Online entries must be received by Sponsor by 11:59 PM CT on the last day of an Entry Period to be entered in the Sweepstakes and to be eligible for the random drawing applicable to that Entry Period.
- Enter by phone: Call the toll-free number (from a touch-tone phone only) printed on receipts distributed during the Sweepstakes Period at participating Hallmark stores. You will be asked to respond to several questions regarding your most recent experience at Hallmark, and you must provide your telephone number, your age, and the survey code printed on the receipt to be entered in the Sweepstakes. Calls must be completed by 11:59 PM on the last day of an Entry Period to be entered in the Sweepstakes and to be eligible for the random drawing applicable to that Entry Period.
- Enter by mail: Hand print your name, complete address, telephone number and age on a postcard and mail to: Hallmark Customer Survey Sweepstakes, PMI Station, PO Box 3518, Southbury, CT 06488-3518 USA. Mail-in entries must be postmarked by the last day of an Entry Period and received by Sponsor no later than the eighth day of the following month to be entered in the Sweepstakes.
- There is no limit to the number of times you may enter online, by phone, or by mail, however each online entry and phone entry must have a different survey code and each mail-in entry must be mailed on a separate post card. Each survey completed online and each mail-in entry will receive ten (10) entries into the random drawing. Each survey completed by phone will receive one (1) entry into the random drawing. For purposes of clarification, as printed receipts will only be generated following a customer experience, all no-purchase entries must be completed via mail as opposed to online or by phone; entry via mail is as statistically likely to win as an online or phone entry.
3. RANDOM DRAWINGS: Seventeen (17) random drawings will be conducted, each on or about the 10th day of the month following the close of an Entry Period, the first being on September 10, 2015 and last on January 10, 2017. Entries for any given Entry Period will not be entered or otherwise included in any other Entry Period’s drawing.
4. PRIZES/ODDS OF WINNING: Promotion Mechanics, Inc., an independent judging organization (the “Administrator”), will conduct a random drawing from among all eligible entries received for the specified Entry Period to award one (1) Grand Prize per Entry Period, consisting of $1,000 USD cash to be awarded in the form of a check. The potential winner will be notified first by telephone and then by postal mail, and will be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility, liability and (where legal) publicity release (or in Canada a Declaration of Compliance) which must be returned within time period specified in the notification letter or, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, a potential winner may be disqualified and if so, an alternate potential winner will be selected. Return of any prize notification or prize as undeliverable may result in forfeiture of the prize, in Sponsor's sole discretion. Residents of Canada, in order to win, must first correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question administered by mail or e-mail at Sponsor's sole discretion. Limit one prize per person. Odds of winning will be determined by the number of eligible entries received for each Entry Period.
5. GENERAL: Except where prohibited, all federal, state, provincial, local or other tax liabilities, including but not limited to luxury, sales, use, income, VAT, GST, and PST tax, if any, are the sole responsibility of the winner. In the event of a Canadian Grand Prize winner, Sponsor will deduct any applicable withholding taxes imposed by the U.S. and applicable state governments from value of prize award and the prize award value will be adjusted accordingly. By participating, entrants agree [a] to abide by and be bound by these rules and decisions of Sponsor and Administrator which shall be final in all respects relating to the sweepstakes, including without limitation the interpretation of these rules; [b] to release, discharge and hold harmless Sponsor, its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising agencies, promotional agencies (including Administrator) and any other individual or company involved in the development or execution of the sweepstakes (the “Released Parties” )from any and all injuries, liability, losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind resulting from their participation in the Sweepstakes or their acceptance, use or misuse of a prize; and if a winner [c] to the use of his/her name, voice, image and/or likenesses for advertising, publicity and promotional purposes without further compensation (unless prohibited by law) and to execute specific consent to such use if asked to do so. Entries which contain false information, are incomplete, inaccurate or are otherwise forged, defective, or made outside authorized channels, including those which have failed due to malfunction or failure of phones, phone lines, telephone systems or networks, server, providers, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof of any kind, any human error or otherwise, shall be void. Released Parties are not responsible and shall not be liable for: [a] telephone, electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet or computer malfunctions, failures, or difficulties of any kind, including without limitation, server malfunction or by any error (human or otherwise) which may occur in the processing of entries; [b] failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions; [c] entries which are late, misdirected, unintelligible, garbled or incomplete, or are not recorded or cannot be completed for any reason; [d] late, lost, misdirected, mutilated, incomplete, illegible or postage-due entries or mail; or [e] any condition caused by events that may cause the Sweepstakes to be disrupted or corrupted. If, for any reason whatsoever, this Sweepstakes, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, is not capable of running as planned, including, but not limited to, by reason of infection by computer virus, tampering, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause which, in the Sponsor’s sole judgment, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Sweepstakes and limit entries to those legitimately submitted prior to the action taken, and/or to award the prizes in such a manner as may be deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor in its sole discretion. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. If due to a printing, technical or other error, or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes, as set forth in these Official Rules, to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes (not yet awarded) by a random drawing from among all legitimate eligible prize claimants in that category. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the “authorized account holder” associated with any given telephone number or email account at the time of entry, who must comply with these Official Rules. Potential winners may be required to provide evidence (to the Sponsor’s satisfaction) that they are the authorized account holder of the telephone or e-mail address associated with a winning entry. The authorized account holder is defined as the natural person (i) who is assigned to a telephone number by a telephone service provider or (ii) who is assigned an e-mail address by an internet access provider, an online service provider, or another organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses or the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or any website associated therewith; to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A PARTICIPANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. All entries become property of Sponsor. No prize transfer or substitution by winner is allowed. These Official Rules and the conduct of the Sweepstakes shall be governed by the laws of the State of Missouri without regard to conflict of laws principles and any actions, claims or suits shall be held in a federal or state court located in State of Missouri. Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Regie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Regie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
For a copy of these Official Rules, mail a self-addressed stamped envelope to be received by December 31, 2016 to: Hallmark Customer Survey Sweepstakes 2015-16 Rules, PMI Station, PO Box 750-R, Southbury, CT 06488-0750 USA. Additionally, a copy of these rules shall be posted during the Sweepstakes Period at www.myhallmarkvisit.com and at all participating Hallmark stores (it being expressly understood that the Sponsor, in the sole exercise of its discretion, shall be entitled to limit, and intends to limit, the number of participating stores from time to time.)
6. WINNER LIST: To request a list of winners, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received by January 31, 2017, to: Hallmark Customer Survey Sweepstakes 2015-16 Winner List, PMI Station, PO Box 750-W, Southbury, CT 06488-0750 USA. (Residents of Canada may omit return postage.) Winners’ names may also be posted online at www.myhallmarkvisit.com.
Sponsor: Hallmark Marketing Company LLC, 2501 McGee Trafficway, Kansas City, MO 64108 USA
Sweepstakes Administrator: Promotion Mechanics, Inc., 87 South Main Street, Newtown, CT 06470 USA